Learning good and healthy habits are very important for kids and taking care of their oral health is one of those habits. So, it’s the responsibility of the parents to teach their kids how to take proper care of their teeth. But for better care, parents need to find the best toothpaste for their babies.
Factors to Consider while Buying ToothBrush for Kids – Buyer’s Guide
There are so many toothbrush manufacturing companies in the market. So choosing the right product for your baby can be overwhelming. We will help you zero down on the best toothbrush for your baby by considering the following pointers below.
- Bristles: You should always go for toothbrushes with soft bristles to protect your baby’s gums. Toothbrush with hard bristles will hurt the gums, and eventually, it will result in kids losing interest in brushing their teeth. Different tooth toothbrushes are available to meet the age criteria of your child. Softer the bristles, better for the gums and teeth of your child.
- Small Heads: The toothbrush head should be small to fit the size of your kid’s mouth. The best thing is to take your kid while you are purchasing a toothbrush for them. Smaller and round heads of toothbrushes will enable proper movement of the brush inside your baby’s mouth, hence better cleaning.
- Comfort Level: The toothbrush you select for your kid should be soft and convenient on your kid’s gums and teeth. So it would help if you go for trusted and tested brands that will not compromise on quality. If brushing is not a comfortable affair for kids, they might end up resisting to brush. So go for a toothbrush that is easy and comfortable to use.
- Price: While buying a toothbrush for your kid, check all the necessary features for your child’s oral health. You should avoid purchasing an expensive or too cheap product as one toothbrush is not meant to be used lifelong. You have to keep buying them in short intervals. So buy the one that serves the purpose and is also cost-effective.
- Design: Buy a toothbrush whose design suits your child’s age. By design here, we mean the make of the toothbrush. You should always go for the design of the toothbrush as per the age of your child. The toothbrush should help remove plaque and keep your kid’s teeth healthy.
For parents choosing the best thing for their kids can be overwhelming. However, just selecting the product is not enough. The above guide will help you choose the best toothbrush. But you as a parent have to inculcate a good oral routine for your child.
Babies don’t have teeth but we need to keep their gums clean and healthy. For newborn babies, special soft bristle “gummy” brushes are available in stores. And also for kids with a few teeth, several different kinds of brushes are available in the market. So based on those features, here is a list of the best 10 baby brushes in India.
10 Best Baby Toothbrushes In India
1. Chicco Kids Toothbrush
If you are wondering for a one-stop store for your baby, then the Chicco store can be the best in option. Chicco toothbrush is great for taking care of your baby’s teeth and gum. This toothbrush has ultra-soft bristles with fine tapering ends for proper cleaning of delicate teeth and soft gum. The head is small and round with a thin neck to easily fit into the baby’s mouth.
The handle is long and broad and has an anti-slip surface for easy holding by the baby or parents. Behind the head of the brush, it has a tongue scraper. Also, for better hygiene, a bristle cover is included with the pack. The handle is also very beautifully printed with characters and decorations to look attractive to babies. This toothbrush is recommended for babies of 6-36 months.
- Bristles are ultra-soft, hence won’t hurt the gums of the baby.
- It is available in multiple colors to choose from.
- It is very lightweight.
- A brush cover is included for better hygiene.
- The product is a bit expensive.
2. Fisher-Price Ultra Care Oral Hygiene Combo
Visiting any of the Fisher-Price stores will be an amazing choice if need to buy baby items. They have a huge list of items for babies of every age group.
This Fisher-Price combo for oral hygiene can be a great choice if you want to train your kids how to brush. This is an ergonomically designed kit for three-stage training.
Stage 1(0m+) – tongue cleaner
Stage 2(6m+)- toothbrush trainer
Stage 3(8m+) – baby training toothbrush.
These brushes are made up of BPA free food-grade material and 100% non-toxic bristles, that are soft enough to give a pleasant experience while using this brush. The handle has an anti-slip grip to properly hold the brush.
The shield helps to avoid choking and also helps in developing brushing skills independently. The head of the brush is soft and made up of elastomer rubber to protect the baby from getting hurt. Tongue cleaner helps in removing the bacteria and milk coating over the tongue to keep it hygienic..
- It is a proper training kit to start the oral hygiene of babies.
- It is available in two colors blue and pink.
- It inspires self-cleaning.
- It is unisexual.
- Brush covers are not included in the pack.
3. Aquawhite Junior Smiley Soft Bristles Toothbrush
Aquawhite believes in delivering cute, innovative, and best in feature oral care products for babies. Aquawhite junior smiley brushes are recommended by several dentists due to its ultra-soft bristles that provide a very soft and smooth experience of brushing. The subtle head of this brush helps in cleaning every area of the mouth without hurting. It has a rubberized, non-slippery handle that provides a better grip to the brush.
The brush has a suction cup along with it at the base, which helps to keep the brush in an upright position for better hygiene. It is available in a pack of four and each one has a beautifully designed body that looks very attractive to babies. All four units are available in different colors.
- It is very cheap for a pack of four.
- The design and colors are awesome.
- The suction cup helps to keep the brush more hygienic.
- Colors may vary during delivery.
- It doesn’t have brush covers with the pack.
4. DentoShine STiCKY Toothbrush
DentoShine has shown its interest in producing products related to oral health like toothpaste, toothbrushes, floss picks, etc. This dentoshine sticky toothbrush is a highly effective toothbrush for kids with soft and tender bristles for deep cleaning of teeth and gum. The handle is broad and properly curved for maintaining good control while brushing.
The brush has a small head that fits in the baby’s mouth very easily and reaches every corner of the mouth for proper cleaning. It is available in a pack of four units and each unit is of different colors. The handles have different cartoon characters printed on it to look more attractive. This brush is ideal for 2+ age kids.
- The brushes are lightweight.
- Free bristle cover provides extra hygiene.
- It can be used by both genders.
- It is a bit expensive.
5. Pigeon Training Toothbrush
Pigeon has gained the trust of thousands of parents all over the world since 1957 for producing the best in class baby products that help to keep them safe and healthy. This training toothbrush by pigeon helps the babies to familiarize themselves with the brushing movements. It has a soft elastomer rubber head with fine bristles on the front side for deep cleaning without causing any harm to tender gums.
The handle is very soft and has enough curves to best fit in the hand of babies. Also, it comes up with a safety shield that is fitted to the brush to avoid choking while brushing teeth. It is a very beautifully decorated toothbrush, loved by babies a lot due to its toy-like look. It is available in two different colors, pink and blue. This toothbrush can be used by babies between 3-6 years of age.
- It is a level 2 style toothbrush that helps to train babies on how to brush.
- It is small and lightweight.
- It can be used by both girls and boys.
- It does not have a bristle cover.
6. Oral-B Kids Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
It’s so difficult to brush the baby’s teeth for a longer duration. Right? But are you aware that electric brushes are so well designed that they can help your baby brush for a recommended duration? The Oral-B kid’s electric brush is recommended by the doctor who has a special sensitive mode that acts gently and easily cleans the tender gums and teeth.
The rounded top with extra-soft bristles makes it easy to reach every corner. The built-in two-minute timer brushes baby’s teeth for the exact two minutes. The beautiful Disney frozen character stickers at the bottom make it super fun for the babies while brushing. The brush is operated with a power button on the handle. It is rechargeable and it is charged using a charging base.
- It helps to develop healthy habits in babies.
- The product is electric powered and hence functions automatically.
- The Disney magic timer app activity rewards motivate babies to brush extra duration.
- The charging base has no charging indicator on it.
7. Colgate Kids Extra Soft Toothbrush
Colgate is among doctor’s recommended top brands. They deal in the production of dental products and can take better care of your baby’s dental health. The bristles are too soft for gentle and effective cleaning of teeth. The multi-height uneven bristle positioning helps to clean in between teeth. The handle is rounded and has a strong and rough grip for the thumb that doesn’t slip easily from hands.
The suction cups are provided at the base that helps to keep the brush from harmful germs. To make it ideal for kids, this features stickers of superheroes like this brush have stickers of Batman. It is generally advised to be used by kids over 3+ age and should be used twice a day to get a germless mouth.
- It is lightweight.
- It has a pre-attached tongue cleaner at the back of the brush head.
- The suction cup allows for easy storage.
- It is an ideal option for developing teeth.
- It costs much higher for a single unit.
8. ICPA Kids Dyny Toothbrush
Chic Buddy products are generally produced for babies. They include goods that can be helpful for babies to grow properly. Chic Buddy finger baby toothbrush is produced with 100% FDA approved food-grade material. The material used is silicone which is non-toxic and BPA free. The brush is very soft and has small and soft bristles that provide a massaging feel with massaging bumps for the cleaning of the tongue.
This can be used by babies above 6 months or even can be used gently with newborn babies too.
This is easy to use and fits in your finger very easily. It should be cleaned and sterilized every time after use. It is provided with a hygiene case of pink color but is also available in two more colors.
- It helps in building an oral hygiene habit since birth.
- It is safe and easy to use.
- It comes with a hygiene cover.
- The size was small for a few users
9. Maxbell Baby Banana Toothbrush
Maxbell has been seen developing highly crafted baby goods that have seen a surge in their product’s demand. This baby brush by Maxbell is 100% food-grade silicone made. The silicone used in this toothbrush is non-toxic and non-allergic. It is completely safe to use as it is BPA free, latex-free, and phthalate-free.
Thin and soft silicone bristles are present on the round head, which helps in better cleaning of all the areas inside the mouth. The handle looks very innovative with a peeling banana look. This handle gives an easy hold on the brush. It comes with a hygiene pouch that covers the whole brush. Manufacturers recommend this product to use for 3-12 months toddlers.
- It promotes healthy habits for babies.
- Highly recommended by pediatric dentists.
- Removes every food particle gently.
- The brush is very soft and bendable.
- This toothbrush is very expensive.
10. Jordan Step 1 Baby Toothbrush
Jordan has created a very fancy and decorative toothbrush that looks like a toy to babies. This toothbrush has a spoon-like shape. It is made up of food-grade plastic and is BPA free. It has extra soft bristles help to clean teeth and gum very gently and its small and round head helps fit inside the mouth very easily. The neck is kept thin for reaching every part of the mouth.
The handle is very wide and dots are created on the surface to have a tight grip of the brush. It has a beautiful design on the handle and multiple colors are used in it. It is sold in a pack of two. It is available in four different color combinations. Recommended to be used by babies of below 2 years.
- It is available in multiple colors.
- Provides safe and proper cleaning of teeth.
- Easy to hold.
- It is a bit expensive.
Learning good habits is part of every child’s growing years. Taking care of oral well-being or dental hygiene is one of the habits you would want to inculcate in your child from an early age. So the onus lies on the parents to teach their kids how to maintain their oral hygiene. The first step towards it is selecting a toothbrush for your kid that is age-appropriate.
Infants do not have teeth; however, it is good to keep their gums spotless and healthy. For infants, there are these silicone finger brushes available in stores. One of the few things you should consider while buying your baby’s toothbrush is that the brush’s head should be small and round. The handle of the brush should have a good hold.
Introducing your baby to toothbrush at an early age results in the following benefits:
- Help in better cleaning your baby’s teeth.
- The kid’s toothbrushes are designed to make the brushing process effortless.
- It helps kids to keep bad breath at bay.
- Brushing helps to protect the gums and keep them healthy.
Types of Toothbrushes
Babies and Toddlers Toothbrushes: Even before your baby begins developing teeth, it’s a good idea to massage or clean your baby’s gums with a gentle and soft toothbrush. These toothbrushes are finger brushes made up of silicon or soft gummy material. The head of the brush is tiny to fit inside your baby’s mouth. Starting oral care at an early age prevents plaque and tooth decay.
Ages Five to Eight Tooth Brushes:
Brushing teeth should be an exciting affair and not a forced thing for kids. By the age of five, kids are more independent and want to do their things. Having said that, like toddlers, they also need parental supervision while brushing their teeth. Their toothbrushes have slimmer handles for a better grip and are colorful to make the entire process enjoyable.
Kids in this age group are matured to do their tasks without supervision. Toothbrushes for this age group are similar to the ones used by adults. These toothbrushes have larger handles for better grip and small heads. They can be battery operated or manual. It is convenient to use powered toothbrushes as it helps to clean a child’s teeth more effectively.
Implementing good oral practices in your babies can be very beneficial to them. This way your baby’s mouth will always be healthy and plaque-free. Also, daily brushing will make the gum stronger and provide enough support to new growing teeth.
So for developing oral hygiene as a habit they need a friendlier toothbrush. Choose any of the above baby brushes for your kid. They all are highly rated and safe toothbrushes for your kids.
On our behalf, we recommend buying Fisher-Price Ultra Care Oral Hygiene Combo, as this combo will help your kid to develop this healthy practice level by level.